Friday 19 September 2014

Losing Respect for the Scottish


Yesterday the Scottish voted to remain hidden under the broad umbrella of England's United Kingdom and have their destiny as a people to continue to be determined by suited men in England

So I cast my mind back to Ghana's own struggle with colonialism. I spared a thought for the likes of Sergeant Adjetey who shed their blood for the course of independence.


I remembered Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah and other great warriors who endured personal trials and even imprisonment just for the right to make our own mistakes.

And we have made many. Years after independence we are still crawling as a nation. But what nobody can ever take away from us is our pride and dignity as a people. Sometimes it is better to die with honour than to merely survive in comfort

And so it was with disgust that I saw grown Scottish men crying for joy for having voted their country into subjugation; to remain perpetually hooked to the apron of Big Brother England.

That was the day I lost respect for Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers